The Watchers

The Watchers

Sunday 20 January 2019

Awards Season 2019: Producers' Guild Awards (PGA) Winners


Just a quick awards season update today, ahead of a few major posts tomorrow and Tuesday - you have been warned!

PRODUCERS' GUILD AWARDS (PGA) WINNERS



Yesterday (Saturday 19th January), the Producers' Guild of America announced its winners for the 2019 Producers' Guild Awards. 

The film winners are:

Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures: Green Book

Documentary Film: Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Outstanding Producer of Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures: Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse


I'll be honest, I'm a little surprised that Green Book took the top prize. There's been some controversy surrounding the film (such as the family of Dr. Don Shirley calling it a 'symphony of lies'), so it's an interesting choice. It did also win the Golden Globe for Best Musical/Comedy, so it's definitely a strong contender. I'll wait to see the film myself to make any judgement about it. 

More love for Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, which is great, and I hope that this documentary about Mister Rogers gets a release as I'd love to see it (same with RBG). 

Congratulations to all winners!

So, tomorrow, the Golden Raspberry Awards will announce their nominations (and I'm fully expecting to see The Happytime Murders and Venom being ripped new ones) and I'll also be posting my predictions for what will be nominated for an Oscar on Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment