It's rather scary to think that we're already a quarter of the way through The Watchers' Advent Calendar. The big day will soon be upon us. But until then, here's a little something to test the grey matter (and possibly your Google skills).
* * *
The Watchers' Christmas Quiz (Part One)
This is the first of three short quizzes, all related (more or less) to films that have Christmas in them. Please note this is just for fun; there are no prizes. The answers will be given tomorrow.
So, without further ado, your first set of questions are as follows:
1. In It's A Wonderful Life, what's the name of the town in which George Bailey and his family live?
2. Which of the following actors has not played Ebenezer Scrooge on screen: Jim Carrey, Richard E. Grant, Albert Finney, George C. Scott or Alistair Sim?
3. In Love Actually, which musical instrument does Sam (Thomas Sangster) learn to try and impress Joanna (Olivia Olson)?
4. Who was the only member of the cast of the 1974 horror movie Black Christmas to appear in the 2006 remake?
5. Which Christmas song by the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl can be heard in P.S. I Love You? (Bonus question, can you name the Oscar-nominated actor who appears in the official video for the song?)
Hopefully those questions will keep you thinking til tomorrow when we'll have another festive song.