So it's Day 7 of The Watchers' Advent Calendar and it's time for something completely different...
* * *
The Meaning Of Life (1983)
There were two choices for something Monty Python to be included in the Advent Calendar; it was either the nativity scene at the start of Life Of Brian (1979), which I felt might have been a tad controversial or this charming musical number from the end of The Meaning Of Life.
Perhaps I should have gone for Brian instead...
* * *
The answers to yesterday's quiz questions are:
1. In It's A Wonderful Life, the name of the town in which George Bailey and his family live in is Bedford Falls
2. The actor who has not played Ebenezer Scrooge on screen is Richard E. Grant (he played Bob Cratchit opposite Patrick Stewart in a 1999 TV version of A Christmas Carol)
3. In Love Actually, Sam (Thomas Sangster) learns the drums to try and impress Joanna (Olivia Olson).
4. The only member of the cast of the 1974 horror movie Black Christmas to appear in the 2006 remake was Andrea Martin (she played sorority sister Phyllis in 1974 and house-mother Mrs McHenry in 2006)
5. The Christmas song by the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl that can be heard in P.S. I Love You is the utterly epic 'Fairytale Of New York' (and Matt Dillon [Oscar-nominated for Crash] is one of the policemen in the video)
* * *
Come back tomorrow for more festive film fun!